Would you like to learn more about how your local government operates? The Town of Oak Island’s fourth Citizens Academy is being held in 2020. The class will accommodate the first 35 people who can dedicate their time to a great learning opportunity designed to help people understand how the Town runs its daily operations and projects. The first session will begin on February 4th when our Leadership Team gives an overview of the Administration Department’s daily operations.
The proposed schedule for Citizen Academy sessions is as follows:
Sessions will be held from 6-9 p.m.
- February 4 - Administration
- February 6 - Police Department and Water Rescue
- February13 - Development Services
- February 18 - Fire Department (Station 2)
- February 20 - Public Services Department
- February 22 - TOUR DAY: Public Services Departments
- February 25 - Recreation Department
- February 27 - Pier Complex and…..Graduation dinner at 7 p.m.
Download an Application for the Citizens Academy or pick one up at the front desk of Town Hall. Space is limited.
Citizens Academy 2019