Spend a day at our newly-rebuilt Oak Island Pier, at 705 Ocean Drive. Visitors of all ages can fish, sit and enjoy the view and stroll out over the ocean. The Pier is 880 feet long, and 27 feet above the water. We offer fishing passes for the day, for 3 days, 7 days or for the season. The Pier House has snacks and beverages, and some basic supplies for enjoying a day at the Pier. The Town manages the Pier, and leases out the restaurant, Koko Cabana. Call (910) 933-6161 for more info.
Locations and Directions
The Oak Island Pier is located at 705 Ocean Dr. From East Oak Island Drive, turn south onto Womble Street. The Pier is two blocks to the south. Parking is available at the Pier.
Seasonal hours vary. The Pier and Pier House are open from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily.
Passes and Fees
Stroll the Pier. Watch the sunrise and sunset! There is no charge to walk on the Pier.
Daily, three-day, seven-day and annual fishing passes are available. Discounts are offered for seniors (55 years and over) and for active military personnel and for veterans. Fishing passes must be visible at all times. See below for fees.
Bait and Tackle Shop—The Pier House
In addition to fishing passes, the Pier House offers frozen bait, fishing tackle, sundries, snacks, ice cream, soft drinks, and beer and wine. Shirts, sunglasses and other souvenirs are available.
In order to provide an enjoyable and safe environment, all visitors are asked to adhere to the following:
- Fishing permits are required and must be purchased at the Pier House.
- Permits must be visible at all times.
- Fishing licenses are not required for those fishing on the Pier.
- Alcohol consumed on the Pier MUST be purchased from the Pier House. Shoes, sandals or appropriate footwear must be worn at all times.
- Animals are not permitted on the Pier.
- Skateboards, bicycles, roller blades, scooters, motorcycles, etc. are not permitted.
- No diving or jumping from the Pier.
- Trash should be deposited in the covered receptacles.
- The Pier is closed during severe and/or dangerous weather conditions.
King fisherman must:
- Have a King Pass.
- Be at least 13 years old.
- Not setup before daylight.
- Use two-rod, live-bait trolley method.
- Attend to their rigs.
- Not balloon, bottom, kite, slide-rig fish.
- Not use spider line or braided lines on anchor rods.
- Not plug or jig.
- Not fish for sharks.
- Pull fighting rod if leaving for more than one hour.
- Not cast nets for bait (except for Pogies when bait tank is empty).
- Not cast for mullet.
For complete weather conditions for Oak Island, see: https://www.wunderground.com/weather/us/nc/oak-island/28465
The Pier is one of Oak Island’s favorite destinations. Originally built in 1955, the Pier has been rebuilt following its collapse as a result of Hurricane Matthew in 2016. The Pier, North Carolina’s newest pier, is the highest in the state at 27 feet.